This fix is for when a user attempts to login to their account, but receives the error “User Profile Service Failed the Login”.
- Start computer in Safe Mode.
- Open regedit.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\ProfileList
- Notice two of the same profiles. i.e.
- Swap the .Bak with the similar (corrupted) profile. so that
s-1-2-3-123and visa versa.
- Select “State” and set the value to “0”.
- Select “RefCount” and set the value to “0”.
- Restart in Normal Mode (not Safe Mode).
- Login as user.
- Problem fixed.